Last modified by Cook, Sue (IM&T, Kensington WA) on Nov 14, 2016
CSIRO's Data Access Portal provides access to data published across a wide range of disciplines. Data Collections comprise descriptor fields (called metadata) which give information about the data as well as the data itself.
There are a variety of mechanisms that can be used to Find Data through the Data Access Portal (DAP).
You can use:
- SEARCH DATA on simple text searches of one word or more
- SEARCH BY LOCATION by drawing an Area or selecting a Point on a map
- BROWSE DATA on fields of research
- DOMAIN SEARCH on particular research areas within CSIRO
- WEB SERVICE INTERFACE to search for Public Collections using a remote application.
Additional training materials, including Quick Reference Cards and online tutorials are available at the Data Access Portal Support website.