CSIRO Data Access Portal User Guide
Search the User Guide
CSIRO's Data Access Portal (DAP) provides access to digital asset collections that have been published across a wide range of disciplines. Collections contain descriptor fields (called metadata) which give information about the digital asset as well as the files.
There are a variety of ways that you can find collections through the DAP.
You can find data by:
- Searching by keyword - for simple text searches of one word or more
- Searching by location - draw an area or select a point on a map
- Browsing by fields of research
- Using the Domain Search to explore particular research areas within CSIRO
- Using the Web Services Interface to search for public collections using a remote application.
This is the basic keyword search function that can be accessed by clicking on CSIRO Data Access Portal in the top left of the DAP or by clicking the Search tab from anywhere within the DAP. Keyword search works by searching for a single word or a string of words (phrase). Each word, a combination of the words, or all of the words are used to search the DAP. A Basic search will search the complete database of metadata records.