How do I get in touch with the OzNome for LW team?
Get in touch with us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes something an OzNomic problem?
- Inefficiencies relating to barriers to discovery, access and use of resources or digital assets
- Untapped value relating to barriers to discovery, access and use of resources or digital assets
- Risks to environment, society, and economy associated with inability to access information (easily discoverable, understandable and integrated) in a timely manner
- Fragmentation and duplication of effort due to lack of data sharing within and across communities leading to silos and double handling
- Lack of practice around data sharing
- Lack of governance arrangements around digital assets leading to unsustainable data practices
What makes something an OzNomic solution?
Approaches, tools, services and methods that:
- Achieve productivity gains by streamlined discovery, access and use of existing data assets and research outputs
- Realises new value from existing data assets and research outputs (e.g. new science opportunities, greenfields)
- Use of OzNome infrastructure to gain economies of scale in achieving productivity gains and new value
What are essential components of the overall OzNome infrastructure ?
- Appropriate social infrastructure and architectures, governance arrangements
- Appropriate incentives, benefits and rewards for best practice behaviour
- Shared data systems and services
- Tools, software libraries, adapters to increase productivity through improved discovery, binding data services, publication of data
- Tools that leverage existing digital resources and deliver them in a way that generates new value, i.e. use of existing science models delivered through new services and tools.
- Key datasets and digital resources discoverable and accessible through well-managed and well-governed systems